POSITIVE ART

Am I POSITIVE? - Yes, I am!!!!! Optimism is good for everyone! It's not just a fantasy...because I can make it a reality.

I love fantasy art..it is so inspiring and gives me lots of ideas....Thus it is like Positive Art which helps me visualize the best in things around me. Positive movies, paintings, songs, buildings, poems, stories, ..and more.

In keeping with my theme:I will attempt to always keep the sunshine in my heart and share with others the cool breezes of my smiles as much as possible.

I will Visualize the good things and dream how to be amazing so I can make it a reality! :)



Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Positive Art 2010 - 30 - playing the Paraguayan harp


Yes, I am actually getting more and more into playing my harp. ok..this isn't really me... but it's fun to imagine.
Now I have to say that I have now found a particular type of harp that I have fallen in love with over the weekend. I attended a harp symposium at the Dusty Strings facility in the Fremont district in Seattle. It was amazing. Learned lots. Played best I could and then I saw the Paraguayan harp played by a wonderful latin rhythm harp player named Nicolas Carter. It was amazing...and this was just the lesson. Notice the beautiful decorations. This style of harp is actually played with the fingernails.



You can find Nicolas Carter - harp player on Facebook.

Here is a little jpeg of a more classic harp version ..I was hoping to post it in animation. But I can't find the file at the moment...maybe I'l post something in another entry later when I can find the animation I made...or just remake it. The classic harp style is more traditional and played with the pads of your fingers. Usually seen at weddings and churches here in the USA.

Yes, I will post me playing the harp too...even though I am a rank beginner. I figure I'll get better if I try to perform here and there. Mostly want to play the harp because I love it and want to share it with others. Now I just need to get those nerves in shape so I can play without too many faux pas. (that would be misteps...wrong moves...)

In the mean time....I will be practicing up on my holiday songs.....

1 comment:

Linda :) said...

How fun, learning to play the harp... I am looking forward to hearing you play some Christmas songs... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails