POSITIVE ART

Am I POSITIVE? - Yes, I am!!!!! Optimism is good for everyone! It's not just a fantasy...because I can make it a reality.

I love fantasy art..it is so inspiring and gives me lots of ideas....Thus it is like Positive Art which helps me visualize the best in things around me. Positive movies, paintings, songs, buildings, poems, stories, ..and more.

In keeping with my theme:I will attempt to always keep the sunshine in my heart and share with others the cool breezes of my smiles as much as possible.

I will Visualize the good things and dream how to be amazing so I can make it a reality! :)



Monday, December 21, 2009

My positive fixes - entry 2009 - 03



CHRISTMAS FROM THE HEART

This is such a magical time of year. I know that not everyone celebrates Christmas but I wish everyone did. The traditions and decorations, the feeling of good will, the hope in a new beginning, a clean spirit, a joyful time are all part of this time. The true spirit of Christmas is about giving and helping and enjoying each other from the heart. I've always felt that it's important to give of oneself especially at this time of year.

My memories of Christmas extend way back to when I was about 3 years old and my sister and I were all dressed up for church. We were at a friend's home that day and got our photo taken at the foot of their huge, and I mean huge, tree. Even though the photo is in black and white I still remember some of the colors of the dresses we wore and the presents under the tree. Not much more just the image of it being a special time. My mom always dressed my sister and I like twins when were were young. It was easier I guess. We are 1 and 1/2 years apart, me being the oldest...but she was pretty much the taller one the whole time we were growing up and she still is!

I remember being so grateful for whatever we got for presents. You can't imagine how that felt unless you have been in situations when you don't have a lot of money. We played with the toys all year long and when Easter or our Birthday's came we would get presents then but otherwise we got what we needed. There was not much money to spend on wants during the rest of the year especially since there eventually were seven of us siblings, with me as the oldest. Somehow I think that made Christmas all the more special. Looking forward to seeing those presents under the tree was so exciting...however, I think it was even more fun anticipating and then walking out of our rooms on Christmas Eve after the 'angel' had come to see our presents all wrapped up. Giggling with each other as we opened our own packages. These are some of my Christmas childhood memories.

Maybe that is why my family keeps up this tradition even though we have all grown up and our children are young adults for the most part. But now, we are in a better position and we are used to just buying things throughout the year when we want them. We have more than we need, luckily we all have fulltime jobs and can do this. I know that having gift exchanges are fun and all but somehow the magic is not the same. I am so blessed to have so many things, and even though I am not rich by any means I don't really need anything. What I love is to get gifts from the heart and to give gifts from the heart. I think that is what we all love. That is what is uplifting to me. It is always so wonderful to know someone thought of you from their heart. Even the gesture of a gift to a charity from their heart on your behalf is something to cherish. I love hearing the story of the charity or how the giving was done. There are so many deserving people out there that are out of work or ill. Prayers are always good to give. I try to write a few prayers this time of year to give silently to those in need. Especially those I might know about more personally. Prayers do get answered.

In any case, thinking about this and how we feel when we know we have celebrated Christmas from the heart is exciting. Ask yourself if the gift you are giving is from the heart and if not, how can it be from the heart?..or better yet make an afformation - How is it from the heart? and make it happen.

It's almost Christmas, isn't it time for making more memories we will cherish for years to come - like this little gif made by a fellow blogger awhile ago and shared with me and many others gifts like these from her heart before she became ill and had to cut back on her sharing. Her heartfelt gift remains for me and you to enjoy!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Sweet Christmas memories! Merry Christmas my friend and Happy New Year. : ) God bless. xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails