POSITIVE ART

Am I POSITIVE? - Yes, I am!!!!! Optimism is good for everyone! It's not just a fantasy...because I can make it a reality.

I love fantasy art..it is so inspiring and gives me lots of ideas....Thus it is like Positive Art which helps me visualize the best in things around me. Positive movies, paintings, songs, buildings, poems, stories, ..and more.

In keeping with my theme:I will attempt to always keep the sunshine in my heart and share with others the cool breezes of my smiles as much as possible.

I will Visualize the good things and dream how to be amazing so I can make it a reality! :)



Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Positive Art Entry 2010 - 21 Transitions






I've decided to transition this blog to a Positive Blog incorporating Art. Transitions can be very good! The one thing that has always fascinated me is the transitions in music over time...and of course the corresponding fashion. There is a colorful music and fashion genre called rave. It includes things that I don't necessarily like for myself like tatooing and peircings which add a punk look, or the drug culture which is associated with it. When I googled Rave on the internet there was a lot of negative associated with it. Even laws targeting Rave organizations and places. That is sad and takes away from the Art to a large degree. You might argue you can't seperate the bad from the good with Rave.

What I find fascinating is the techno music and the colorful clothing and light shows that are part of being rave. Here is a graphic of a Rave oufit in a rainbow color. The graphic is eye catching. The boots are called kickers and the sticks are called Rave sticks. The sticks light up and can be used in laser light dancing and I'm not sure what else. Check out this link on Glowsticking: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glowsticking . Or twirling: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twirling I've seen both in Mexico on stage and in fire shows, a topic for another entry. It is amazing to see these acts. In some places the glowsticks dancing have been banned due to the danger to other ravers dancing.

Of course you cannot forget the colorful hair. Techno and rave...how new is it? Raves have been around as an underground activity for a long time due to the drugs and some gang drug activity and violence. See this article on Raves: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rave It seems to have a young following these days from my observations. Note how many young people color their hair in pinks and greens these days...young meaning in their teens.

What is the next music and associated art transition? Who knows. One thing I do know, I definitely want to see it and blog about it. It's fascinating.







Here is an example of a light show with techno music:




Here is an example of other techno music:






PRETTY RAVE GIRL - Anime and techno tune:







TO CONCLUDE - A LASER LIGHT SHOW WITH TECHNO MUSIC AT A RAVE


2 comments:

Joanne said...

I think it's great that music is so far-reaching, influencing art and culture in so many ways. When you stop to think about it, music is a presence in so much of life, really adding a wonderful dimension to our days.

Maria said...

Absolutely, Joanne! Exactly my sentiments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails