POSITIVE ART

Am I POSITIVE? - Yes, I am!!!!! Optimism is good for everyone! It's not just a fantasy...because I can make it a reality.

I love fantasy art..it is so inspiring and gives me lots of ideas....Thus it is like Positive Art which helps me visualize the best in things around me. Positive movies, paintings, songs, buildings, poems, stories, ..and more.

In keeping with my theme:I will attempt to always keep the sunshine in my heart and share with others the cool breezes of my smiles as much as possible.

I will Visualize the good things and dream how to be amazing so I can make it a reality! :)



Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 - 01 Pink Saturday Jan. 5th NEW YEAR

Ringing in the New Year - 2013 with a bit of a cold!   Darn those bugs and viruses.  However, I did also change my header picture to a view of our Space Needle here in Seattle on New Years night/morning depending on how you look at it. 

      For more Ringing in the new year blogs and entries visit:

                                         Pink Saturday entries Jan. 5, 2013





I love the celebrations of the new year!  I made a couple of New Years icons for the occasion...one is the header:



the other is another view of the fireworks showing the whole space needle. 

 
 

Yes, I stayed up until after midnight welcoming the new year.  There is always so much to think about.   Got the call from my daughter and really loved that...except I had laryngitis...you never know how much you miss your voice until its' gone!  It's come back now, yay!  

  
   A  few days ago it snowed and inspired me to take some snow pics that I am belatedly posting here.   Including some house decorations.    The little hummingbirds kept coming to inspect the red ornaments I hung in the Rose of Sharon trees.   The snow was not a heavy falling but was enough to create a little winter wonderland for a day or so.  Then it melted.   This year's Christmas tree theme was winter wonderland.  There were snowflakes, icicles, white birds, red bows and red ornaments on the tree inside as well.  I love putting the decorations on the tree and as usual I added a few more this year despite us getting a much smaller and thinner tree.   The little doll in the tree is one I made many years ago in our first years of marriage.  I didn't have much money then and decided to make dolls for a couple of my nieces for Christmas.   I kept one as a momento and put it in my tree every year.   One of the two dolls for my nieces still shows up on her mom's tree...the other one is MIA.   They had their names embroidered on them.  I keep thinking of making more...maybe for next year...if I get started early.  Same thing goes for the little soldier clothes pins.  I made them and have slowly been giving them away.  I truly love them.   A few years ago I found some angel dancer clothes pins to go with them.   I'm glad I'm writing this since it is giving me ideas.     Those ornaments hold so many memories.  

     The snow people on the mantle were made by my husbands mom.  Her name was Delores.   She passed away quite a few years ago but they always serve to remind me of her at Christmas time.  It wouldn't be Christmas without her snow people watching over us from somewhere in the house.   It's all her fault I'm so in love with Holiday bazaars....she enjoyed them so much.   The stockings by the fire are hung with those removable Commander hooks.  What a great technology.  I always put an orange in each stocking because it reminds me of a story my mother told me from when I was young only 2 years old so I don't remember the happenings.  They didn't have a lot of money for that Christmas and fruit was in short supply where they lived at the time....so when she had the opportunity to buy some oranges she scooped them up and gave them to us for one of our Christmas presents....well, we (my younger sister and I) were too young to know how special this present really was...so my mother later confided that she and my dad ate the oranges and enjoyed them immensely....so now I always put an orange in the stockings for that enjoyment to live on!!!!

 Here I am thinking of Christmas and it's January 4th!    I'm still working on my resolutions and goals for 2013 but one of them is to remember things that interact with people in special ways...like this blog and remembering birthdays and anniversaries.   That's a good thing.    Ringing in the new year with memories and bells!  There are several bells in some of these pics...check out the inside tree decorations, The front door and the mantle.  I collect them...as well as play handbells at special Church services......but that's a story or two for another posting....

              I'm so happy to be posting!      













3 comments:

Schotzy said...

Very festive photos! BTYQW thanks for your visit a while ago... and you might be interested to know that on HGTV tonight at 9 is a show on the house where they filmed Downton Abbey.

pinkkandy said...

Happy Pink Saturday!!
And a blessed 2013...I know God has good things for us this year..stop by "My Sweet Prairie Home" and take a look around...

Linda :) said...

Happy New Year!!! I loved seeing all your Christmas decorations... and all the snow with the red ornaments, so pretty... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails